Sunday, October 18, 2009

Oct. 18th 2009



I would like to start this time with telling you about teaching Amy to drive. I know she was older but Daddy showed me how when I was 8. She just never wanted to learn.



We are in our driveway Amy is sitting the the driver seat I was next to her. I had to show her how to start the car. She did. Sitting there with it running she takes her foot and pushes the gas down to the floor. The motor revs up to a loud whine! I yell for her to stop. Sitting there wondering what the hell is wrong with her, she turns to me and says,"How do you make it go?"I was ready to run away. I tell her what the P,R,N,D,2,1 mean. Also how to put it in gear. She says, "This is stupid!, thats not how it should be." I didn't want to go into how it should be this is how it is. I then went over the gas peddle and break. I got the look from her about this. It had to be done. Anyway, we are in gear (D) and ready to go to the end of the drive. Everything went fine till she hit the breaks. My head hit the dasboard. Slid in the gravel to a stop. She then starts to laugh. "Okay," she says "what now?"We need to back up. Put the gear shift in R and starts backwards without looking! We HIT the breaks again. She says to me "Thats even dumber then going foward." "You can't see where your going." I had to explain about turning and looking and the mirrors. "This is hard!" We can quit and I'll drive and you watch. NO! I'm doing this! Fine but your going to have to quit screaming at me if you want my help. Fine let me and the dog out! We got out and I kept Pug close.

She spent the biggest part of the day going back and forth in the driveway. Then while she was at the end of the driveway Greg Copeland and his family passed by! She started screaming! She could not move. I run up to the car and ask whats wrong? "Greg Copeland just passed by!" "I think he saw me!" Well okay its fine he saw you. "What do you think he will say?" I don't know who cares. Back the car up. She did the driving lesson was over then she had to go call everyone and tell them that Greg Copeland saw her driving!

Greg Copeland, Gerg Copeland I was so sick of Greg Copeland! Don't know why she loved him so. She just did. He was something for her to dream about. Something she thoght she could never have. Don't get me wrong I like Greg he is a great guy. I know if I ever needed help that he could give me he would. He is a good ol' boy!

Well Amy learned how to drive it wasn't easy. But over time she got better at it.

My next story will be about me teaching her how the drive a stick shift! That was fun for both of us all the way around!

Thanks for reading these. This is my therapy. I will keep adding from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment